Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
MMC

Default Linking infor from spreadsheet into word

I have info on a worksheet in Excel 2002 and have linked this to a word
document. I have formated the word document but when I make changes to the
worksheet and update the data from the linked file my format is overwritten.
Is there any way around this???

MMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
macropod

Hi MMC

Word allows you to link the data using various formats, some of which reset
when updated, and some of which don't.

For example, if you inserted the link as an Excel worksheet, it will tend to
reset its aspect ration, in particular, to match that of the source data. If
you link the data in RTF format, you can largely control the destination
formatting by applying the style names to the data in Excel that you want
the data to adopt when it arrives in the Word document. You also have the
option to link the data as unformatted text, which allows you to reformat as
you like in Word. Each approach has its benefits and drawbacks.

Cheers