Erle

Default nunber format in Excel 2000

I am looking for a way by using the "format cell,number,custom" to pad
a cell with a predetermined amount of trailing zero's and not leading
zero's. All I can do is get leading zero's.
Thanks loads
Erle
Jason Morin

####"000"

will give you 3 trailing zeros.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Peo Sjoblom

Unlike leading zeros yopu can't format for trailing zeros,
if all trhat you want is to get a certain number of zeros
after the numbers you type you can temporarily change
fixed decimal places under toolsoptionsedit and if you want
6 zeros change it to -6, now if you type 123 it will retrun

123000000

Don't forget to turn of the fixed decimal place when you are done

only other way I know of is using an event macro

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom