Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Sorting Referenced Cells

Hello,

I have run into a road block while creating an excel document. I have
done ample amounts of research in a lot of forums, but I am not finding
the same situations as the one I currently have. If the same situation
exists, can you please point me in the right direction? If it does not,
I appreciate any help that can be offered. Below I will give you the
background, scenario, and problem. If there is anything else I should
be providing, please let me know.

BACKGORUND:

I am using WinXPSP2 w/ Office XPSP3. The following scenario is in the
same workbook.

Sheet1
1 a
2 b
3 c

Sheet2
1 =Sheet1!a1 -- a
2 =Sheet1!a2 -- b
3 =Sheet1!a3 -- c

SCENARIO:

When I data sort (descending) Sheet1 then Sheet2 also does a data sort
(descending). The cell's formula/reference in Sheet2 is only
referencing the cells from Sheet1.

PROBLEM/QUESITON:

When I do a data sort (descending) on Sheet1, I do not want the values
in Sheet2 to also data sort (descending). I want the formula/references
in Sheet2 to be updated and reference the updated change from Sheet1.
How do I achieve this?

EXAMPLE:

If Sheet1 was data sorted (descending), I would want the Sheets to look
like this:

Sheet1
1 c
2 b
3 a

Sheet2
1 =Sheet1!a3 -- a
2 =Sheet1!a2 -- b
3 =Sheet1!a1 -- c

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Junior Member

Here's a thought... Try naming your cells in Sheet1 and referencing those cells by name from Sheet2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by