KiwiBrian

Default Another pointer please

If I have textual and numeric data entered into several columns directly, or
entered into an Excel Form, can someone please give me a pointer to what I
should research to enable me to take the entries and process them into the
appropriate HTML source which I have developed to use them. The html works
fine when the data is directly entered by someone having the appropriate
HTML knowledge, but I would like to automate it as much as possible to
minimize the HTML expertise level required by the user.
Thanks
Brian Tozer

David McRitchie

Hi Brian,

to enable me to take the entries and process them into the
appropriate HTML source which I have developed to use them.

You've lost me as to whether you already wrote code to generate
HTML or whether you are looking for code to generate HTML.
I expect unless you've already seen it that
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm
would help.

Then of course you can use Excel's own facilities to
generate HTML code to make your HTML look like a spreadsheet
and be 3 - 10 times larger (generally. I think, about 3 X larger) than
simpler HTML code.
---
HTH,