Patrick_KC

Default Offset?

I want to populate a chart from a drop-down box, and I think I need to use
the OFFSET function somehow, but can't get it to work.
I have a list of about 50 products listed in col C with six rows (13
columns) of data starting in column d under each product. If the user
selects product #16, I need to determine how to populate the chart source
data with that product's information. I've been trying to use OFFSET, but
don't know how to tell it use the absolute address of each product for the
reference.
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3
AccountA
1 Product 1
Fact 1 5659 0 0
Fact 2 0 0 0
Fact 3 5.8846 0 0
Fact 4 5.8846 0 0
Fact 5 1.6923 0 0
Fact 6 1.6923 0 0
2 Product 2
Fact 1 20435 1038 398
Fact 2 2.4054 86.3555 -13.1004
Fact 3 22.7692 26 22
Fact 4 -1.5769 1 -1
Fact 5 9.2692 11 5
Fact 6 0.5769 5 -1

As usual, any help is greatly appreciated.
Patrick_KC

Earl Kiosterud

Patrick,

A formula expression could probably be written to isolate the records for a
given product, but it would likely be a bit messy. And geeky. Simple is
always better. A better solution in general is to rearrange your table so
there is only one record layout -- do away with the header records
(product), and have a product column with product in it in each record for
the records of that product. Much of Excel's functionality is lost with
multiple record types. I was going to make an example, but you've posted in
html using a non-proportional font, and Outlook Express won't let me reply
in plain text today. Consequently, a table would snake all over the place
in the proportional font used here. But I hope you get the idea.
--
Earl Kiosterud