TV

Default Protecting sheets

Can I protect a sheet from format changes, but still be able to change cell
color? I am using Excel 2000.
Gord Dibben

TV

Cell color is a format.

Conditional formatting will work on any cells you have set to be "unlocked"
even when the sheet is protected.

Otherwise you would need to use VBA to unprotect the sheet, make the color
change then re-protect.

Do you want to go this route?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP