Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
MAPB

Default Help with linking

I am using excel 2003. I have been asked to help create a March
Madness excel worksheet to track our company pool. I would like to
have a master file and a Template file to send out to my fellow
employees. I have a tab labeled "Template" that will be renamed to
that person's last name in the template file. The problem happens when
I copy that "Last Name" tab into the master file. I would like that
copied tab to link to the "Master" tab so that the point system is
updated correctly. The problem is when I copy the "Last Name" tab, it
still links to the "Master" tab in their original file. Is there any
way to force the "Last Name" tab to always look for the "Master" tab,
no matter what file the "Master" tab is in?