Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
BJ

Default network problem

We have a document called Beaufort.xls. This documents is on
our network and contains various lists (like currency details
or ship names etc). These list are used in various cells of
various templates I have created.

Normally we first open the file Beaufort.xls and thereafter
one of the templates and that just works fine.

Recently a new colleague joined. However when she opens the
template she gets an error report: €śThe workbook you opened
contains automatic links to information in another
workbook...€ť Even when she clicks yes €śto update all linked
information€ť this doesnt help, because she cant choose from
a list that should be available in certain cells.

Now I have found the following which may give an indication
for the problem, although Im not sure. On the main menu
under €śEdit€ť, €śLinks€ť I see the
following:
A. when I first open the Beaufort.xls and then the template it states:
sourcefile: Beaufort.xls

B. when I open the template without the Beaufort.xls file is states:
sourcefile: \\sgfileserver\beaufort$\Beaufort.xls

However when my colleague does the same she gets the
following in both (A and B) situations:
sourcefile: \\sgfileserver\beaufort$\Beaufort.xls

All our templates are stored on:
\\sgfileserver\aplpications\sjablonen
and both her and my office programs refer to those locations