Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Phippsy

Default Linking Sheets

I have 3 sheets which I am constantly adding to and then sorting in date
order as cars are rented- they have the same headings but different car
types. Is there a way of linking all 3 sheets into a single a sheet which
would then be sorted in date order.

Working in 2000

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Ken Wright

Just add another column and call it car type, then drop all 3 under each
other in a single sheet and drop all your updates into that one sheet.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Phippsy" wrote in message
I have 3 sheets which I am constantly adding to and then sorting in date
order as cars are rented- they have the same headings but different car
types. Is there a way of linking all 3 sheets into a single a sheet which
would then be sorted in date order.

Working in 2000

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Phippsy

Hi

Thanks for this. The problems is that I still want to keep the individual
sheets. I know I can filter but is there any other way?

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"Phippsy" wrote in message
I have 3 sheets which I am constantly adding to and then sorting in date
order as cars are rented- they have the same headings but different car
types. Is there a way of linking all 3 sheets into a single a sheet which
would then be sorted in date order.

Working in 2000

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Ken Wright

Depends on your data really. Personally I'd go the single master sheet and
pivot table and then have 3 other sheets created from the Pivot table giving
you the individual data. Far easier than trying it the other way.

Regards