DianeandChipps

Default Popup in excel

I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one column was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I did it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks
L. Howard Kittle

Hi D & C,

MsgBox "You selected cell " & ActiveCell.Address
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"DianeandChipps" wrote in message
I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one column was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I did
it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks

DianeandChipps

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies.
Unfortunately neither of your suggestions were familiar to me.
Maybe a bit more information will help.
If the office assistant is hidden the message looks like a comment, although
there is no red triangle in the corner of the cells.
If the office assistant is switched on the message is shown in its speech
bubble.

Thanks again.
Diane

"DianeandChipps" wrote:

I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one column was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I did it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks

Bob Phillips

First, get rid of the office assistant, life is richer without that annoying
'feature'

Then input the code L Howard provided using the instructions that I gave,
and selecting any cell will get you a message box popup.
--

HTH

RP

"DianeandChipps" wrote:

I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one column

was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I did

it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks

DianeandChipps

Thanks again, would this add a message into any cell on the worksheet or only
any cell in a certain column - which is what I did before.

Is there any way I can send the spreadsheet for you to see as I know there
is a more simple way to do this, I just can't remember!!

"DianeandChipps" wrote:

I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one column

was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I did

it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks

JulieD

The alternative to the guys' suggestion is to use data validation
1) select the column
2) choose data / validation
3) choose input message
4) ensure "show input message when cell is selected" is checked
5) type a title and your message
6) click OK

Cheers
JulieD

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

First, get rid of the office assistant, life is richer without that
annoying
'feature'

Then input the code L Howard provided using the instructions that I gave,
and selecting any cell will get you a message box popup.
--

HTH

RP

"DianeandChipps" wrote in
message

"DianeandChipps" wrote:

I added a message to show on screen when any of the cells in one
column

was
clicked on. I would like to do this again but can't remember how I
did

it.
Can anyone help? Many thanks

Bob Phillips

Indeed it can be targetted at one cell.

if target.address = "$H$10" Then
MsgBox "You selected cell " & ActiveCell.Address
End IF