Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.querydao,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default Creating ODBC link within SELECT statement

Check this website. I use the DSN-less connections presented there and
they've worked fine on other PCs:

http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Preacher Man" wrote:

Is this possible. To explain myself, here is my situation. I created an
Excel Spreadsheet that uses an ODBC link to a SQL database. In order for
anyone to use this file on their PC, that same ODBC link must be setup. Is
their some code I can use within a Select Statement that will allow me to
bypass having to create an ODBC on everyone's PC?

Thanks.