Alice

Default Creating a Multiple Warehouse Inventory Spreadsheets

I need help creating a Inventory control spreadsheet with multiple
warehouses. I need to be able to link them together. How or if can this be
done

Tushar Mehta

Anything's possible. If I was designing this system, I would start
with 3 linked tables:

Warehouse table:
Warehouse ID (unique)
{other warehouse data such as address?}

Inventory table:
SKU (or some other unique id)
Description {medium sized widgets, etc.}
{other product specific information}

InventoryLocation table:
Warehouse ID
SKU {warehouse ID and SKU combination will be unique)
Quantity
{other info pertinent to item being in a specific warehouse}

Now, various database look up methods (PivotTables, Data query, etc.)
will let you query the data in a variety of different ways.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,