Brad

Default e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

Hi all. I have a question on printing our charts. I can
print out a chart on a printer and scan the printed chart
to get a .pdf or a .tif file format. Is there a way to
export a chart in these formats? Other formats like .bmp
or .jpeg?
Barb Reinhardt

You need software that specifically converts to PDF to get into PDF format.
For a tif file, I'd try copying the picture from Excel (Shift Edit Copy
Picture) into drawing software (Paint has tif) and saving it from there.

"Brad" wrote in message
Hi all. I have a question on printing our charts. I can
print out a chart on a printer and scan the printed chart
to get a .pdf or a .tif file format. Is there a way to
export a chart in these formats? Other formats like .bmp
or .jpeg?

Don Guillett

try these
Sub ExportChartGIF()
ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _
FilterName:="GIF"
End Sub

Sub ExportChartJPG()
ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _
FilterName:="jpeg"

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Brad" wrote in message
Hi all. I have a question on printing our charts. I can
print out a chart on a printer and scan the printed chart
to get a .pdf or a .tif file format. Is there a way to
export a chart in these formats? Other formats like .bmp
or .jpeg?

John Mansfield

Brad,

John Walkenbach offers a free add-in at his Spreadsheet Page site that
allows you to export charts in a GIF, JPG, TIF, or PNG format. Here is the
URL to the page that discusses the tool:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Brad" wrote:

Hi all. I have a question on printing our charts. I can
print out a chart on a printer and scan the printed chart
to get a .pdf or a .tif file format. Is there a way to
export a chart in these formats? Other formats like .bmp
or .jpeg?

Jon Peltier

You can also use TIF and PNG formats. I usually tell people to avoid
JPGs for their charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP