AlCamp

Default Secondary Axis?

I have a Vertical Bar Chart designed in MSGraph 2000. It works just fine...
I plot NoOfDefects (Y axis) against 36 Defects (X axis) for a particular
product.

I'd like to add a secondary axis (Z-axis?) that would plot the Average
Defect Values across all my products. So my bars (individual product) will
compare to the Line (All Products)

Where can I get good information on how to create and use a secondary axis?

Do I have to select a different chart type than just a regular Bar type?

Just need to get going in the right direction... thansk for any assistance.

Al Camp

---

R.VENKATARAMAN

try the webpages of Tushar Mehta and Jon Peltier who have answers for all
your doubts regarding excel charts

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/index-old.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

book mark these and the links in which you are interested

AlCamp wrote in message
I have a Vertical Bar Chart designed in MSGraph 2000. It works just

fine...
I plot NoOfDefects (Y axis) against 36 Defects (X axis) for a particular
product.

I'd like to add a secondary axis (Z-axis?) that would plot the Average
Defect Values across all my products. So my bars (individual product)

will
compare to the Line (All Products)

Where can I get good information on how to create and use a secondary

axis?

Do I have to select a different chart type than just a regular Bar type?

Just need to get going in the right direction... thansk for any

assistance.

Al Camp

---

Jon Peltier

Al -

Do you want a horizontal line showing the total average? This might help:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

AlCamp wrote:

I have a Vertical Bar Chart designed in MSGraph 2000. It works just fine...
I plot NoOfDefects (Y axis) against 36 Defects (X axis) for a particular
product.

I'd like to add a secondary axis (Z-axis?) that would plot the Average
Defect Values across all my products. So my bars (individual product) will
compare to the Line (All Products)

Where can I get good information on how to create and use a secondary axis?

Do I have to select a different chart type than just a regular Bar type?

Just need to get going in the right direction... thansk for any assistance.

Al Camp

---

AlCamp

R.VENKATARAMAN and Jon,
Thanks very much for your help. I will definitely check out that
information.

As I have spent more time with this problem I've discovered the big
difference as to how Access database provides data for a chart vs. Excel.
I'll try to explain...

The Data Series values in Excel can be independent of each other, such
as... a chart that Shows Individual Product Sales Quantity, Individual
Product Sales Dollars, All Products Sales Quantity, etc... etc... The basis
for each Data series can be completely different from the others, but each
will plot their value without regard for the others.

I'm actually working in Access 97 (using Graph 2000), and how I present
data to a chart is completely different than in Excel. My values have to be
the result of a legitimate dataset (query), and the examples above would not
normally exist together in a relational database. They are disparate
values, and I'll have to go through some special "machinations" to get my
data into a dataset that's "presentable" to my graph.

Now I realize what I'll have to do to get my data ready for graphing...
and then the Line/Bar combination chart, and the Secondary Axis will be no
problem at all.

Thanks for your assistance,
Al Camp