Malcolm Dew-Jones

Default getting the same colour

?B?dGp0amp0anQ=?= ) wrote:
: It sounds like the sheet may have Conditional Formatting applied to it.
: Check Format | Conditional Formatting to see if there is anything
chosen.
: You may need to select a cell that is having this happen to see for
sure.

Nope, can't find anything like that defined for any cells.

: If that comes up empty ...
: Do you have any Add-Ins that you are aware of? Some third party
additions to
: Excel do things like change Font or Cell Color when something is entered
into
: a cell.

An idea I will check into, though I don't think there is anything like
that. The PCs here are pretty generic.

JE McGimpsey ) wrote:
: Make sure you have the Tools/Options/Edit/Extend list formats and
: formulas checkbox checked.

I have now checked and it was and remains selected. However I will
investigate this option further, cause it sounds like the sort of "second
guessing" that is going on (except that it doesn't do what I want most of
the time).

: From XL Help ("Turn on or off extended formats and formulas")

: When you turn on extended formats and formulas, Microsoft Excel automatically
: formats new data that you type at the end of a list to match the preceding
: cells and automatically copies formulas that repeat in every row or column.
: To be extended, formats and formulas must appear in at least three of the
: five list cells preceding the new cell.

So, no joy so far, but thanks for the feedback.