Robert Ehrlich

Default compare tables

how can I compare two tables with excel? line by line?
and depends on result to do an action like
set colour or copy a value from same line from table A to table B

is that possible with excel?
is there any command available?

Robert

P@ula_C

Hi I have a similar problem, I need to compare two tables in detail I need do
compare row by row in tables and the row must be idnetyfied by id number. I
do not know if it possible. Can enyone help me?

"Robert Ehrlich" wrote:

how can I compare two tables with excel? line by line?
and depends on result to do an action like
set colour or copy a value from same line from table A to table B

is that possible with excel?
is there any command available?

Robert

JulieD

Hi

from my reading of your post i'm understanding that row 1 in one range, is
to be compared to row 1 in another range; row 2 to row 2 etc ... if so then
one option is to concatenate both rows and compare them in a third cell
e.g.
=IF(Concatenate(A1,B1,C1,D1,E1)=Concatenate(J1,K1, L1,M1,N1),"","Not the
same")

this can be filled down the length of your table.

For other ideas on working with duplicates check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Cheers
JulieD