Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
gpon

Default accessing & breaking links

P.S. It would help if you knew I was using Excel 2000

"gpon" wrote:

I have templates which contain a data entry sheet linked to multiple
calculation & results sheets. The tech enters data for each unit into the
data sheet, views, prints & individually saves each unit's results sheet. I
need to break the links between the saved copy & data sheet.
Here are my problems:
I can't access the links dialog box from the linked sheets in the template.
If I could I would change the links to manual update.

I can't change the links to manual update from the copied sheets. The manual
option is unavailable.

Therefore if someone within the network opens, accidentally updates & saves
the individual (copied) file - the original data would be lost forever. I'm
sure it will happen eventually. Not to mention the annoyance & confusion
caused by the update links dialog box.
Thanks for help, advice or comments.