Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Alifrog

Default I can view links, but can't delete them

I have an Excel spreadsheet with links to several Excel spreadsheets that
have been deleted. I can view the links by clicking on Edit and Links, but
there is no option to delete them, only update now, open source, and change
source. Any ideas on how I can delete all my links?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Alifrog

Nevermind. With more searching, I found out how to do this. I just don't
know how to delete this thread.

"Alifrog" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet with links to several Excel spreadsheets that
have been deleted. I can view the links by clicking on Edit and Links, but
there is no option to delete them, only update now, open source, and change
source. Any ideas on how I can delete all my links?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Ken Wright

You can't, so I wouldn't worry about it. You have at least taken the time
to post that the question is closed which is more than many would bother to
do :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Alifrog" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet with links to several Excel spreadsheets that
have been deleted. I can view the links by clicking on Edit and Links,
but
there is no option to delete them, only update now, open source, and
change
source. Any ideas on how I can delete all my links?

Junior Member

My problem is that I want to change the source workbook but the Change source button is not available? The source file updates weekly (one for Monday, tuesday, etc). Before these files are updated, they are archived to a different folder but all under the same name (i.e. MON TUE WED etc.). I want my formulas to compute using the archived files but the Change Source button is not available! I had to change the formula references in each of the 30 workbooks containing 9 wokrsheet each!!! HEEELLPPP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alifrog
I have an Excel spreadsheet with links to several Excel spreadsheets that
have been deleted. I can view the links by clicking on Edit and Links, but
there is no option to delete them, only update now, open source, and change
source. Any ideas on how I can delete all my links?
Junior Member

oh... and even the UPDATe NOW button is also grayed over.... i've tried playing around with the setting in the Calculations tab of the Options menu but I can't seem to get it... should the settings be changed to manual?... which buttons should be checked/unchecked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy