JasonUT

Default SUM until blank cell

Thanks Aladin,

Unfortunately, the function didn't work as I had hoped. It sounds like
F1 is the bottom cell and it would add all the cells above it.
Unfortunately, the bottom cells location varies everyday and I don't
always know it.

An Example of my situation would be:

=SUM(function) <-Cell X (Always known)
Aladin Akyurek

Why don't you tell what your "Cell X" is - A2, C5, X7?

JasonUT Wrote:
Thanks Aladin,

Unfortunately, the function didn't work as I had hoped. It sounds like
F1 is the bottom cell and it would add all the cells above it.
Unfortunately, the bottom cells location varies everyday and I don't
always know it.

An Example of my situation would be:

=SUM(function) <-Cell X (Always known)
.
.
.
empty cell <= Cell Y (Vertical location various, but is always in the
same column and located below the last integer.)

The SUM function would add a + b + c + d + e + ... where a, b, c, d, e
are integers. Cell Y various and is never is located in the same row,
but is always located in the same column.

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165

RagDyer

Why can't you just make your SUM() formula "oversized", so that it will
include cells that will *eventually* be populated with numbers?

With your formula in A10:
=SUM(A11:A10000)

To do what you're asking, with your Sum formula in A10,you could try a
formula such as this:

=SUM(INDIRECT("A11:"&ADDRESS(MATCH(9.9999999999999 9E+307,A11:A65000)+10,1)))
--

HTH,

RD