Pedro

Default range name

Hi everyone
Cells a1=1;a2=5;A3=3 I've name this cell as abc
Cells b1=2;b2=7;B3=4 I've name this cell as def
What i want is to input in cell c1 "abc" or "def" so i can have the result
that i want, for example the sum of abc i input abc or the sum of def if i
input def on that cell. Can i do it? Can you help me please?
Tks in advance
Pedro
Frank Kabel

use
=SUM(INDIRECT(C1))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Pedro" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi everyone
Cells a1=1;a2=5;A3=3 I've name this cell as abc
Cells b1=2;b2=7;B3=4 I've name this cell as def
What i want is to input in cell c1 "abc" or "def" so i can have the

result
that i want, for example the sum of abc i input abc or the sum of def

if i
input def on that cell. Can i do it? Can you help me please?
Tks in advance
Pedro

BenjieLop

Pedro Wrote:
Hi everyone
Cells a1=1;a2=5;A3=3 I've name this cell as abc
Cells b1=2;b2=7;B3=4 I've name this cell as def
What i want is to input in cell c1 "abc" or "def" so i can have the
result
that i want, for example the sum of abc i input abc or the sum of def
if i
input def on that cell. Can i do it? Can you help me please?
Tks in advance
Pedro

Maybe , you can do it this way. If you choose to enter "abc" or "def"
in Cell C1, enter this formula in Cell D1

=IF(C1="abc",SUM(A1:A3),IF(C1="def",SUM(B1:B3),"") )

and you will get your desired result in Cell D1.

Hope this is the formula that will help you.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=276696