ivanov_nv

Default Please Help Guys!

Hi guys! I need some help with the following:

I have this excel file with many lines of customer data. every line has
a long description field. I need to identify if the description field
contains any of the following words: computer, mouse, keyboard and if
any of them appears to return 1 in another column. If let's say two or
three of the words appear in the same description, I still need to see
1. If none of them appears, I want to see 0. The
reason I am doing it is for me to identify only individuals that have
been hurt by
these. can you give me the formula that will do this?

example:
AFTER BENDING AND MOVING COMPUTERS, FELT KNEE PAIN SPRAIN TO RIGHT KNEE
is in cell H47. The formula will be written in H48. How do I search H47
if it contains computer, mouse, keyboard and in this case since it
does, to return 1 in H48

--
ivanov_nv
ivanov_nv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16229