albritton_99

Default tricky conditional formatting

Good Morning,

I have a problem creating some conditional formating. And I am not sure
how or if it is possible.

I basically want to have a range of cells highlight with a color if the
value of the cell matches any of the contents of a list.

--
albritton_99
albritton_99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16139

Domenic

I'm not clear as to what you're looking for, but if you want any cell in
your range of data highlighted if it matches a list...

1) Select your data

2) Format Conditional Formatting Formula Is

3) Enter the following formula:

=MATCH(A1,$F$1:$F$5,0)

4) Choose your formatting

5) Click OK

...where A1 refers to the first cell in your range, and F1:F5 contains
the list to match.

On the other hand, if you want to highlight the whole row if the value
in Column A matches your list, then change the above formula to...

=MATCH($A1,$F$1:$F$5,0)

Hope this helps!

--
Domenic
Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785

Frank Kabel

Hi
lets assume the following:
- your range is A1:B5
- the cell to check is cell B1
- your list is in C1:C5

Now try:
- select A1:B5
- goto the conditional format dialog and enter the following formula
=COUNTIF($C$1:$C$5,$B$1)0
- choose your format