Paul

Default Sorting

Besides selecting the row and cells, is there a way to prevent a row from
being included in a sort? When using the sort feature it will select all
cells; however, my last row contains totals and I don't want this sorted.
Thanks
Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK you only have two options:
- first select the cells before sorting
-create a macro which does this for you

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Paul" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Besides selecting the row and cells, is there a way to prevent a row

from
being included in a sort? When using the sort feature it will select

all
cells; however, my last row contains totals and I don't want this

sorted.
Thanks

David McRitchie

Hi Paul,

See
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...g.htm#activate
copy both macros as indicated change the G2 and E2
to the columns you are sorting on. It will leave the first
row and the last row alone the last row is determined
by going up from the bottom and looking for content

Worksheet will be sorted whenever the sheet is activated
or whenever you double click.
---
HTH,

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Besides selecting the row and cells, is there a way to prevent a row from
being included in a sort? When using the sort feature it will select all
cells; however, my last row contains totals and I don't want this sorted.
Thanks

Myrna Larson

Put a blank row between the data and the totals. You can hide it or make it
very short.

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:53:03 -0800, "Paul"
wrote:

Besides selecting the row and cells, is there a way to prevent a row from
being included in a sort? When using the sort feature it will select all
cells; however, my last row contains totals and I don't want this sorted.
Thanks

K.S.Warrier

While sorting ,if the row ,containing the totals, is also not included, the
other rows will be sorted but the corresponding total cannot be
located.First, select the row you want to sort (as first priority)& then
other rows without lifting the mouse button.The row containing totals (if
that also to be included in sorting) may also be included along with other
rows,if required.
Thank you,
K.S.Warrier