Alex

Default rounding

I need to do the following rounding in the column where the data obtained
from calculations:
61.4111 to 61.45
68.632 to 68.65
85.85015 to 85.85
33.68 to 33.70

So, the second digit should be 0 or 5. If the second digit was 5 it should
remain 5, if 0 and <= 5 and it should be 5, if 5 the second digit should
be 0 but the first digit will be by 1 more.

Could anybody advise what kind of formula could I use here?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Thanks a lot, Jason.
I cannot understand it now. But, it's working perfectly.

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=ROUNDUP(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I need to do the following rounding in the column where

the data obtained
from calculations:
61.4111 to 61.45
68.632 to 68.65
85.85015 to 85.85
33.68 to 33.70

So, the second digit should be 0 or 5. If the second

digit was 5 it should
remain 5, if 0 and <= 5 and it should be 5, if 5 the

second digit should
be 0 but the first digit will be by 1 more.

Could anybody advise what kind of formula could I use

here?

Thanks in advance.
.

K.S.Warrier

Try this
if A1=61.4111, then rounding to the nearest 0.05 gives
B1=int(A1/1)+mod(A1,0.05)*0.05+if(dec(A1)-mod(A1,0.05)*0.05<0.025,0,.05)
Similarly others can also be rounded to the nearest 0.05.
Thank You,
K.S.Warrier