Phyllis

Default MATCH Question

I'm going to try this one more time. As I keep working
I'm find some of the answers to my questions, however
there's one I just can't figure out. Here's what I have
now:

Sheet Name: Active
I Q U
Union Local Job CodeA Rate Code

Sheet Name: Job Codes
A B C J
Union Local Job CodeA JobCodeB Rate Code

Here the formula that I'm trying to put into the sheet
named Active

{=INDEX(Job_CodeB,MATCH(Active!Q1&Active!I1&Active !
U1,Job_CodeA&union_local&Rate_Code,1))}

This returns JobCodeB that matches JobCodeA, Union Local
and Rate code. The formula works fine for the first 28
rows, then it stops. What am I doing wrong?
Frank Kabel

Hi
what exactly happens afterwards?.
Maybe try:
{=INDEX(Job_CodeB,MATCH(Active!Q1&Active!I1&Active !
U1,Job_CodeA&union_local&Rate_Code,0))}

to search for an exact match

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Phyllis" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm going to try this one more time. As I keep working
I'm find some of the answers to my questions, however
there's one I just can't figure out. Here's what I have
now:

Sheet Name: Active
I Q U
Union Local Job CodeA Rate Code

Sheet Name: Job Codes
A B C J
Union Local Job CodeA JobCodeB Rate Code

Here the formula that I'm trying to put into the sheet
named Active

{=INDEX(Job_CodeB,MATCH(Active!Q1&Active!I1&Active !
U1,Job_CodeA&union_local&Rate_Code,1))}

This returns JobCodeB that matches JobCodeA, Union Local
and Rate code. The formula works fine for the first 28
rows, then it stops. What am I doing wrong?

Phyllis

Thank you, That was so obvious. It's been a long day of
staring at the screen and working on this same formula.
I'm going to lunch. thanks again.
[...]

.

JulieD

Hi Phyllis

What does Job_CodeB refer to when you go to insert / name / define and click
on it?
same question for
Job_CodeA&union_local&Rate_Code

Cheers