jeri_g

Default Need help with cell formatting

I inherited a template that needs a major change in its data areas. I need
the cells to expand down to show all text entered without changing the
integrity of the worksheet setup. How would I do this?!?!
Frank Kabel

Hi
try 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Word wrap'

Note: an individual cell can't have a different heigth than the other
cells in the same row

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jeri_g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I inherited a template that needs a major change in its data areas.

I need
the cells to expand down to show all text entered without changing

the
integrity of the worksheet setup. How would I do this?!?!

jeri_g

I have it wrapping no problem. Essentially what occurs is that text is typed
in and it wraps the lines no problem. If I have five lines of text to
input I can see the text as I enter it, but cannot see it once I select
another cell area. Then when I go to print the worksheet, it only prints the
first three lines of data. Is there a way to automatically force the cells
height to change to accomodate the extra text? BTW I merged the cells and
am unsure if that is contributing to my problem. Thanks for the help.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Word wrap'

Note: an individual cell can't have a different heigth than the other
cells in the same row

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"jeri_g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I inherited a template that needs a major change in its data areas.

I need
the cells to expand down to show all text entered without changing

the
integrity of the worksheet setup. How would I do this?!?!

jeri_g

Thanks for the quick response. I apologize for posting three times. I keep
getting an error that my posts and replies are not posting and being told to
try again... hopefully that won't happen this time.

Word wrap is turned on; however, what happens is that I have space for three
lines of text. As I type those three lines, the words do wrap and fit within
the boundaries of the space of the merged cells. When I type the fourth and
fifth lines of text, I can see the text as I type it but when I move to a
different cell, the text hides under other cells. Also, when I print it
does not print all five lines, just the three that are shown.

So essentially I need to know how to force the cells to change height and
expand to fit the amount of text I type. Is the problem because I cell
merged?!?! If so, how do I enter a large amount of text into one cell and
how to I enlarge that cell to cover a large area of worksheet.

Can you tell I am a total newb? Thanks for the help.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Word wrap'

Note: an individual cell can't have a different heigth than the other
cells in the same row

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"jeri_g" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I inherited a template that needs a major change in its data areas.

I need
the cells to expand down to show all text entered without changing

the
integrity of the worksheet setup. How would I do this?!?!

Trying to excel in life but need help

Hi Jeri,

Select the rows you want the text to display in. Go to the 'Format' command
button on the toolbar, select 'row', and 'auto fit'. This should work for
you.

Martin