hgrove

Default Conditional Formatting

Frank Kabel wrote...
FWIW, McAfee Virus Scan suspends execution of the initialization
code. Bob & Frank, if your add-in triggers anti-virus software,
you're not going to get many business users to use it.

Agreed and that's the reason why I asked for the virus scanner which
causes an error to see what the reason for this warning is

That info I'll have to send later when I get home.

The error is interesting as it was tested under XL2K. We had the same

error
report for Windows Me and are currently looking at this

I should have mentioned that I was running this under Windows Me. Odd
that this should have OS dependence.

--
hgrove
hgrove's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11432

Frank Kabel

Hi Harlan

Frank Kabel wrote...
..
FWIW, McAfee Virus Scan suspends execution of the initialization
code. Bob & Frank, if your add-in triggers anti-virus software,
you're not going to get many business users to use it.

Agreed and that's the reason why I asked for the virus scanner which
causes an error to see what the reason for this warning is

That info I'll have to send later when I get home.

Many thanks for that. As update it seems to be the registry read
procedure and for F-Secure I've contacted their technical support.
Seems to happen as well for some versions of McAffee scan
FWIW ASAP utilities raises for another user the same error

The error is interesting as it was tested under XL2K. We had the

same
error
report for Windows Me and are currently looking at this

..

I should have mentioned that I was running this under Windows Me. Odd
that this should have OS dependence.

Our current guess is that it may be the usage of the Windows Scripting
Host for reading the registry (WSH should be installed on all PCs
having IE 5.0 or higher on it).

Frank