nic

Default formula from Excel97 doesn't work in Excel2003,any ideas why?

The formula I'm using is
=IF(C3="","",EDATE(C3,(D3*6)))
and instead of producing the required date its giving me a #name? error

this worked absolutely fine in Excel97 but not in Excel2003 and I can't work
out why

Has anyone got any ideas?
tjtjjtjt

EDATE is in the Analysis Toolpak. You need to go to Tools|Add-Ins and Check
the analysis Toolpack. You may have to recalculate the sheet.
Try Selecting the whole sheet and then pressing F9.

tj

"nic" wrote:

The formula I'm using is
=IF(C3="","",EDATE(C3,(D3*6)))
and instead of producing the required date its giving me a #name? error

this worked absolutely fine in Excel97 but not in Excel2003 and I can't work
out why

Has anyone got any ideas?

Don Guillett

You didn't try help first, did you?

EDATE
See Also

Returns the serial number that represents the date that is the indicated
number of months before or after a specified date (the start_date). Use
EDATE to calculate maturity dates or due dates that fall on the same day of
the month as the date of issue.

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nic" wrote in message
The formula I'm using is
=IF(C3="","",EDATE(C3,(D3*6)))
and instead of producing the required date its giving me a #name? error

this worked absolutely fine in Excel97 but not in Excel2003 and I can't

work
out why

Has anyone got any ideas?

Attached Images