PJ456

Default Is there a way to sort by color in excel? using macros?

I'd like to sorty information I have in excel, that I've color coded. Is
there anyway to sort this list of #'s by color ? I heard that you can create
a macro to do this, but I don't know how to do it.
tjtjjtjt

Check out Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

tj

"PJ456" wrote:

I'd like to sorty information I have in excel, that I've color coded. Is
there anyway to sort this list of #'s by color ? I heard that you can create
a macro to do this, but I don't know how to do it.

Frank Stone

hi,
the technique involves assigning a number to a helper
column at the end of the data then sorting by the helper
column.
example
sub setcolor()
dim c as range