Myrna

Default IF or SUMIF help for Overtime Formula

Hi,

This is a Semi-Monthly Payroll Sheet
B5 to H5 = 7 days
I5 to O5 = 7 days
S5 = 1 day
T5 is hourly rate $8
U5 = Gross Pay (Need the formula inserted here)

If my worker works 49 hours the first 7 days. He will be paid overtime
for this.
If my worker works 15 hours the 2nd 7 days. There is no overtime
And the final day 1 hour. There is no overtime.

Notice the total hours add up to 65 hours.

--
Thank you
ehntd

What is the overtime rate? And is it somewhere in the sheet? Also,
instead of having the total in U5, can you have a subtotal for week 1
and then a subtotal for week 2 and then add them? Since the two weeks
are separate then that has to be taken into consideration. Let me know
and I´ll help you with this.

--
ehntd
ehntd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15865

Myrna

Ehntd,
The overtime rate is 1 1/2.
No it is not on the sheet.
No I do not a subtotal for each week!
Technically there are 3 weeks for the 15 cells spaces
B5:H5 = 7 days
I5:O5 = 7 days
P5 = 1 day
These are the cells for the semi-monthly time sheet
T5 = $8
U5 = Gross Pay ( I thought this is the place for the formula)

Yes, we could redesign the sheet if needed.
If it is easier to calculate the formula this way.
Thought it would be easier the calculate the 15 working day in one cell.
Myrna,