Andrew

Default Advanced Window Split & Freeze Question

Using Excel 97 (SR-2) (upgrade not desired option as
spreadsheet needs to be available to users of all versions
of Excel, ie, I won't know what version they have, so
going with lowest common denominator).

The question is this, by using the Window - Split and
Window - Freeze Pane options I can easily set up the
following...

+-----+---------+
! F ! F !
+-----+---------+
! ! !
! ! !
! H ! H !
! ! !
! ! !
+-----+---------+

F = Frozen
H = scrolls Horizonally

But what I really need to achieve is...

+-----+---------+
! F ! F !
+-----+---------+
! ! !
! ! !
! H ! F !
! ! !
! ! !
+-----+---------+

In other words, only the bottom-left pane is scrollable,
the other three panes don't move. Is this possible? If
so, how is it done?

- Andrew
Ragdyer

Can't be done *exactly* as you want it, but you can try this:

Create another window of the same sheet.
Set it to display vertically.
Use the right window to display the "frozen" column.

The problem with this is that the right window will *not* scroll in unison
with the left window.
You can try it and see if it might suffice.

First, set the sheet with the "FreezePanes" that you need.
Then,
<Window <NewWindow, then,
<Window <Arrange <Vertical <OK

You now have a split screen with two views of the same sheet.
Play around and set them as you wish.
--
HTH,

RD