Sam

Default Newbie: How to round down to the lowest 5

I am trying to write a formula that will allow me to round down the
lowest digit, say 5. For example if the value in A1= 1297.19 then the value
in A2 should display 1295.00 also if the value in A1=632.67 then I would
want to round down to 630.00.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

K.S.Warrier

=int(A1/5)*5
K.S.Warrier

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

=5*ROUNDDOWN(A1/5,0)

Jerry

Sam wrote:

I am trying to write a formula that will allow me to round down the
lowest digit, say 5. For example if the value in A1= 1297.19 then the value
in A2 should display 1295.00 also if the value in A1=632.67 then I would
want to round down to 630.00.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sam

Thanks Jerry and KS Warrior. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Sam

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote in message
=5*ROUNDDOWN(A1/5,0)

Jerry

Newbie question Doh New Users to Excel 5 December 16th 04 09:31 PM
how to subtract the very next LOWEST number maxkofe New Users to Excel 2 December 5th 04 06:06 PM
How to find highest, lowest and last cell in row? Sam Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 3rd 04 11:59 AM
Using ROUND formula to calculate tax Saskia Excel Worksheet Functions 3 October 28th 04 08:35 AM
how do I get excel 2003 to round up eric p Excel Worksheet Functions 2 October 28th 04 04:30 AM