thinkingfield

Default change function variable prompts??

Anyone know how to change the prompts for a custom function when you use
the 'insert function' menu?

For instance, you highlight a cell and go to 'insert' - 'function' on
the menu bar. A dialogue box pops up where you can populate all the
variable needed for the function. The prompt next to each box is the
variable name given in the function subroutine. I would like to put
more explicit names that contain spaces instead of the variable name.

Any help?? thanks!!!!

--
thinkingfield
thinkingfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16181

LanceB

Even though user defined functions will not show up in the Run Macro
dialog, you can TYPE the name into this dialog. Use Tools/Macro/Macros, type
the name of your function, then click the Options button. Enter the
description in the text box shown, and this will be shown to the user as in
VLOOKUP, etc.

Lance