Brian

Default hide "#VALUE!"

My worksheet is linked to a web query and the value of many cells is
"#VALUE!". The message is "value used in formula is wrong data type". Due to
the nature of the web query, I can live with this without making changes
however I would simply like to "hide" or show a blank cell if the cell shows
this message. I apprectiate suggestions to do this. Thank you.

Brian

Yes, I believe I have done all of that. Perhaps the problem is that I don't
have a formula in the cells, it is an msn stock quote web query. Maybe the
conditional format does not recognize that?

Just to confirm, my worksheet has linked values in cells a1:g50. In column
D, I would like to hide all "#VALUE!" messages. I have selected all cells in
column d and set conditional format to "formula is", =iserror(a1), and font
color to white. This is still not working. Thanks again.

"Alan" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
My worksheet is linked to a web query and the value of many cells

is
"#VALUE!". The message is "value used in formula is wrong data

type".
Due
the nature of the web query, I can live with this without making
changes
however I would simply like to "hide" or show a blank cell if the

cell
shows
this message. I apprectiate suggestions to do this. Thank you.

Bob Phillips

No, if it is column D you want to hide, set the formula to =ISERROR(D1),
assuming D1 is the first cell in your selection.

The fact that it is formulas doesn't matter.

--

HTH

RP

"Alan" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
My worksheet is linked to a web query and the value of many

cells
is
"#VALUE!". The message is "value used in formula is wrong data

type".
Due
the nature of the web query, I can live with this without

making
changes
however I would simply like to "hide" or show a blank cell if

the
cell
shows
this message. I apprectiate suggestions to do this. Thank you.

Forrest

I have tried this and have only one problem - some of the cells in the row do
not return an error. When I applied this conditional formatting to the cells
without errors, the text in these cells disappeared as well. How do I get
this to applu on a cell by cell basis.

Thanks.

"Alan" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
My worksheet is linked to a web query and the value of many

cells
is
"#VALUE!". The message is "value used in formula is wrong data
type".
Due
the nature of the web query, I can live with this without

making
changes
however I would simply like to "hide" or show a blank cell if

the
cell
shows
this message. I apprectiate suggestions to do this. Thank you.

Forrest

Disregard - just figured it out. I was dragging ($D$1).

"Alan" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
My worksheet is linked to a web query and the value of many

cells
is
"#VALUE!". The message is "value used in formula is wrong data
type".
Due
the nature of the web query, I can live with this without

making
changes
however I would simply like to "hide" or show a blank cell if

the
cell
shows
this message. I apprectiate suggestions to do this. Thank you.

hide column but show chart Svetlana Charts and Charting in Excel 1 January 14th 05 09:49 AM
Excel - hide erroer values Kathrine J Wathne Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 10th 05 10:13 PM
Hide Value of Cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 23rd 04 05:51 PM
hide column varun New Users to Excel 1 December 3rd 04 02:13 AM
Conditional Hide function for Excel mr.woofies Excel Worksheet Functions 1 October 28th 04 03:04 PM