Dave Peterson

Default Templates

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you opening that workbook as a template
and want something updated or are you creating a new workbook based on that
template?

I guess either way, I don't understand about what update a record means.

Antonio wrote:

Hi, Dave

Using a template created by me, and it's saved on the template
folder + then i have the working template on an other directory.
If u which can send a copy of template + database.

Tks in advance
António

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It sounds like you're using a specific template. You may want to post the name
of that template (and where you got it).

It may help you get a good response.

Antonio wrote:

Hi, All

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a template
to update a specific record?
Because when i try to update it always updates the last
record.

Tks In advance
António

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Antonio

Hi

I prepared a template that records information to an excel
database. Each time I do a save, have three options
Update existing record
Create a new record
Continue without updating

And each time I try to update an existing record, it replaces
last row filled in, and not the row I want. +

On the template have two diferent sheets, one to create new records
and the other one to visualize info from database.

Rgds
Antonio

Antonio wrote:

Hi, All

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a template
to update a specific record?
Because when i try to update it always updates the last
record.

Tks In advance
António

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Antonio

Hi

Where can i find the codes??

Antonio wrote:

Hi, All

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a template
to update a specific record?
Because when i try to update it always updates the last
record.

Tks In advance
AntÃÆÀšÃ‚³nio

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Maybe I assumed incorrectly.

I figured that since you created the workbook, you used code to update the
records.

How did you update the records?

ps. You'd find any VBA code by
hitting alt-f11
then ctrl-r to see the project explorer
then selecting your project and expanding those branches.

But if you didn't write any code, you won't find any in your project.

Antonio wrote:

Hi

Where can i find the codes??

Antonio wrote:

Hi, All

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a template
to update a specific record?
Because when i try to update it always updates the last
record.

Tks In advance
AntÃÆÀšÃ‚³nio

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Antonio

Hi

Created the workbook and database using template wizard, maybe it creates
a code. any idea where??

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe I assumed incorrectly.

I figured that since you created the workbook, you used code to update the
records.

How did you update the records?

ps. You'd find any VBA code by
hitting alt-f11
then ctrl-r to see the project explorer
then selecting your project and expanding those branches.

But if you didn't write any code, you won't find any in your project.

Antonio wrote:

Hi

Where can i find the codes??

Antonio wrote:

Hi, All

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a template
to update a specific record?
Because when i try to update it always updates the last
record.

Tks In advance
AntÃÆÀ*€„¢ÃƒÆ’€šÃ€šÃ‚³nio

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I've never used that template wizard. But try the alt-f11 to see any code
created.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe I assumed incorrectly.

I figured that since you created the workbook, you used code to update the
records.

How did you update the records?

ps. You'd find any VBA code by
hitting alt-f11
then ctrl-r to see the project explorer
then selecting your project and expanding those branches.

But if you didn't write any code, you won't find any in your project.

Antonio wrote:

Hi

Where can i find the codes??

Antonio wrote:

Hi, All

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a template
to update a specific record?
Because when i try to update it always updates the last
record.

Tks In advance
AntÃÆÀ €„¢ÃƒÆ’€šÃ€šÃ‚³nio

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Dave Peterson

I just tried it. But I'm not familiar enough with it to offer any meaningful
suggestions.

Maybe someone who uses it can chime in.

Sorry.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe I assumed incorrectly.

I figured that since you created the workbook, you used code to update the
records.

How did you update the records?

ps. You'd find any VBA code by
hitting alt-f11
then ctrl-r to see the project explorer
then selecting your project and expanding those branches.

But if you didn't write any code, you won't find any in your project.

Antonio wrote:

Hi

Where can i find the codes??