Mac

Default Problem with Pivot Table Drop-Down Menus

Comments or help, please!

I use pivot tables extensively, but I am having several problems. Can
anyone explain this behavior?

PROBLEM #1:
1) I have some data that includes country names, dates, and expenses
from which I have created a pivot table. I can go to the data range and
delete one of the countries from the middle of the group of data. No
problems.
2) Then I refresh the pivot table. No problems.
3) The country that I deleted won't show up in the pivot table (as I
expect), but if I click on the drop down menu for Country, it will still
show the country name that I deleted. In my opinion, the drop down menu
should not show the country because the underlying data has been deleted.

PROBLEM #2:
1) I can go to the Data range and change the name of the Country,
such as CHILE to CHILLY. No problems.
2) Then I refresh the pivot table. No problems.
3) The spelling of CHILLY will now properly show up in this pivot
table, but when I use the drop down menu for Country, the menu will now show
CHILE and CHILLY. In my opinion, the menu should only show CHILLY in the
drop down menu.

How can I refresh the drop down menus in a pivot table??

TIA

=Mac=

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable
dropdown list:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Mac

Debra,

You are a Princess... that's better than an MVP!

Thanks for your help.

=Mac=

Mac wrote:
[...]

Ken Wright

Aahhh, but our Princess MVP Debra benefits from both titles :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Mac wrote:
[...]