Sander

Default How do I Delete a file from the drop down file menu?

I have deleted a worksheet I no longer need, however the name of the file
stays on the 'file menu drop down list'----How do I remove it from the list???
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Goto ToolsOptionsGeneral tab
Uncheck Recently used file list
Ok
Close Excel
Reopen Excel and recheck the recently used file list.

I don't use this feature and forget exactly how it works
but this should clear all of your mru files.

Biff

Gord Dibben

Sander

With a file other than the "bad" one open...........

ToolsOptionsGeneral "Recently used file list" change to a lower number
like 1.

Close Excel and reopen to get rid of all but 1 file on the list.

You can now go back into ToolsOptions and reset to any number you want to
start re-building the list.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP