Tcs

Default Time Calcs

I have multiple rows with start & stop times (morning & afternoon). I total
them in the 5th column. I then want to total the 5th column. (1 week groups, 7
rows).

1-Nov-04 8:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 8:00
2-Nov-04 8:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 8:00
3-Nov-04 8:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 8:00
4-Nov-04 8:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 8:00
5-Nov-04 8:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 8:00
weekly total 16:00

The first part isn't a problem. I get the correct value in the 5th column.

The SECOND part is another story. When I add the 5 rows of the 5th column (5
days * 8/hrs/day) SHOULD equal 40 hours. Instead, Excel tells me it's only
16:00 hours. What am I doing wrong? I've checked the formatting, and BELIEVE
it to be corect.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Tom

Thanks. Works great. But I still have a problem. ANOTHER problem, I
*think*.

In my total cell, if my time is = 1.0 hours, everything is fine. (My
individual times are included in the total.) If I enter anything less
than 1 hour for an individual time, the time isn't relected in my
totals.

I've been playing with it for a while, but still can't get it to work
correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:12:42 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

format the total cell as [h]:mm and you will get more than 24 hours.

Tom

Thanks. This didn't help. (But it *is* good to know.)

After reading your response, I played some more. I found out it was
MY error. Not in my formula(s), but in my entry.

When I entered ":30" for 30 minutes, it didn't work. When I entered
"0:30", it did.

Personally, I think that's a bug... :)

Thanks a lot,

Tom

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:57:10 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

It should add up okay regardless of how you format, although of course you
won't see any surplus seconds. To see them, use a format of [h]:mm:ss

Tom

I forgot to ask...

If I use the space bar to remove (clear) a number from a cell that's
either specifically used, or is part of a range used, in a formula, I
get the #Valid msg displayed in the cell. To get rid of it, I copy an
unused cell from elsewhere.

I just tried this on my spreadsheet. Of course, *now* I can't get it
to give me the error. Although it *did* earlier.

Am I missing something? Could it be something like a fomatting thing?
It *is* annoying. But since my spreadsheet will now *not* produce the
error, it would seem that there *is* a fix.

Thanks,

wrote:

It should add up okay regardless of how you format, although of course you
won't see any surplus seconds. To see them, use a format of [h]:mm:ss

Tom

Great. Thanks.