halo14

Default Excel 2000 - Advanced IF AND ELSE COUNTIF??

hey there..

I have a large spreadsheet for rental properties. and I want a total at
the bottom of how many are ready to move in, according to # of
bedrooms.

I have a total at the bottom that totals the number of each:
1,2,3,4,5,6 bedrooms.That's just a simple COUTIF statment.

Here's the set-up:

Column C is filled with the # of bedrooms, varying from 1-6. Column N
contains a date ready, if it's ready. If the unit is not ready there is
no date.. so basically if there is anything in that field it counts it.

Now I need 6 totalling fields: because I want to know the number of 1
bedrooms available, 2 bedrooms available, etc... I can't figure out
how to write that statment.. It needs to equal the following
criteria:

Scan column C for values of "1" and then scan Column N for values of
"" and then count all of those rows which are true to that criteria.

Is this even possible?

Thanks for your help.

--
halo14
halo14's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16132

Aladin Akyurek

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$2:$C$100=1),--(ISNUMBER($N$2:$N$100))

halo14 Wrote:
hey there..

I have a large spreadsheet for rental properties. and I want a total at
the bottom of how many are ready to move in, according to # of
bedrooms.

I have a total at the bottom that totals the number of each:
1,2,3,4,5,6 bedrooms.That's just a simple COUTIF statment.

Here's the set-up:

Column C is filled with the # of bedrooms, varying from 1-6. Column N
contains a date ready, if it's ready. If the unit is not ready there is
no date.. so basically if there is anything in that field, it should
count it.

Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=275682