xyncro

Default auto update

Hi and thx for your answer

i tryed adding this string without any success
i even tryed changing a little but... :(
'The file you typed contains an error'

the range of my collections is between B-G7 and down
between B-G6 i have 6 different sort functions and
between A-H5 i have colored empty fields

could this calculation of yours be applyed somewhere on A-H5..??

thx again...

--
xyncro
xyncro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15213

Alex Delamain

Sorry - I am not sure I understand how your data is sorted.
Do you have one movie per row? If so you can add a new column
alongside. The formula I gave will remain empty as long as the other
cell is empty. When A1 (in my example) changes from empty to having
something in it it will store the date and time.
so if B7 - G7 contains details of a movie then A7 could contain the
formula. If you delete B7 and re-enter it A7 should show the date and
time. Then repeat for the other rows

--
Alex Delamain
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11273