ariffin

Default Macro did not run after download file from net

Probably if anyone can help please let me know what when wrong and how
to solve the problem that I'm having currently. I have created a file
with a macro in excel 2003 platform. The macro has been tested and run
smoothly. The file is later uploaded to web (via FTP using Microsoft
Frontpage). I use hyperlink (in Frontpage) to link the page to the
file. To open the uploaded file I click the webpage and the msg prompt
whether to enable or disable macro.

The file later open but not in Excel proper but in web based. Able to
execute macro but it does not run per what is expected. I also
experiencing error msg "runtime error 1004". To overcome the problem I
have to save the file to local drive and re-open back to execute the
macro.

--
ariffin
ariffin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16114

xlntuser

You found a "feature." If you ever upgrade from floppies to the new
solid-state memory sticks, you'll also find you can't run macros from
them. Think of it as protection.

--
xlntuser
xlntuser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16117

Dave Peterson

My fix is to not open excel files in MSIE.

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

I'm betting that your macro gets confused with statements that refer to the
application. If you open in MSIE, the application is MSIE--not excel.

So something like:
application.screenupdating = false

might not even apply to MSIE.

(And menu items will be nicer if you open in excel.)