stge

Default Adding column data

Hi Bernie,
Thanks for your reply, just got the books out to see what you have
done. It works for the first row but not after that. The results need
to be put into 7 columns say I to O and for 8 rows (I10:O17) with each
row having a seperate event type and number of events per day. The
results being the last 7 digits in the origional post (columns I-O).

Thanks again, if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Regards
stge

--
stge
stge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16068

Bernie Deitrick

stge,

The formula worked for the three rows of example data that you posted.

In I10, did you use the formula?

=SUM(OFFSET(B10,0,0,1,MAX(-(COLUMN(B10)-1),-$A10)))

Try it, and copy down and over to produce your final range.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP