lorelei739

Default single quote 10-digit number that has leading zeroes & then conca.

trying to put a 'list' of 10-digit numbers into EXCEL--the numbers have at
least 1 leading zero & # must be in single quotes. Then I want to
concatenate this '10-digit' number with a text phrase before & after number
-- then autofill with the down the list of numbers keeping the quoted leading
zeroes.
Gord Dibben

Are 10-digit numbers in place or are you importing them?

Assuming numbers are in place in column A

In B1 enter ="text'0" & A1 & "'text"

Are you typing them in?

In A1 enter ''0123456789'

Drag down as far as you want. The numbers will increment and be surrounded by
single quotes........'0123456789'

In B1 enter ="text" & A1 & "text"

Double-click on fill handle of B1 to replicate down column B.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP