Henry Leibowitz

Default GetPivotData

I am looking for a good description of the GetPivotData function. I have
found a number of descriptions on the net but none of them are complete.

I am trying to use several Cell References to retrieve information from a
Pivot Table but I keep getting a syntax error.

Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

=GetPivotData('Rancho
Results'!A4:H449,"CHANNEL_NUMBER",H13,"Zone","Rive rside","State",Sheet3!C2)

Can someone describe to me how to do this?

Debra Dalgleish

Assuming you're using Excel 2000, you need to add spaces to the text,
and concatenate the cell references using the & operator. For example:

=GetPivotData('Rancho Results'!$A$4,"CHANNEL_NUMBER " & H13 & " Zone " &
" Riverside State " & Sheet3!C2)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List