Jordangirl78

Default Alphabetizing

How do I alphabetize column A, while keeping the corresponding info in column
B in the correct place?
Ron de Bruin

Hi Jordangirl78

Select all cells in column A first before you Sort

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jordangirl78" wrote in message ...
How do I alphabetize column A, while keeping the corresponding info in column
B in the correct place?

Alex Delamain

Not sure what you mean. Can you give some sample data / layout?

--
Alex Delamain
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11273

David McRitchie

Depends on what you mean by the correct place.
Ron's answer to select Column A and sort that column independently of all other data,
so that data in other columns does not move at all.

If you want to sort column A and bring with it all of the row then you would select
all columns on the worksheet before sorting, then to sort use Data, Sort,
Column A and probably [x] data has headers. Which I think better matches
corresponding.

I would suggest you NEVER rely on Excel's choice of extending a single cell
to the current range -- sooner or later you would destroy your data on some
worksheet..

More information on sorting in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

Please try to make questions as clear as possible, US English is my language
and I can't tell for sure what your question is -- I wouldn't expect those whose
language is not English to make a better guess.
--
HTH,

"Jordangirl78" wrote...
How do I alphabetize column A, while keeping the corresponding info in column
B in the correct place?

Ron de Bruin

Hi David

Please try to make questions as clear as possible

After reading the question again I maybe didn't understand the OP correct.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"David McRitchie" wrote in message ...
[...]

K.S.Warrier

hi,
As I understand from your question,you want column A in alphabetical order
and to show the corresponding values in B.if so,please try.
Select first column A from top to bottom with mouse and then column B
without lifting the mouse button.Then use sort option.This will give you the
desired result.
Thank you,
K.S.warrier