kaushil

Default Hlookups + Vlookups

Hi all,

I've been thrown this Excel document to work on and to be honest i've
never had a lot to do with excel... I have the following worksheet
function and can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it...

=IF(AND(Drop_t=TRUE,Cont_no=3),HLOOKUP(Zone,Table, VLOOKUP(Cont_type,Cont_Col,2,FALSE))+HLOOKUP(Zone, Table,7,FALSE),HLOOKUP(Zone,Table,VLOOKUP(Cont_typ e,Cont_Col,2,FALSE)))

What the actual problem is that the if the second part of the statment
(ie the part after the + sign is correct), it adds the values of both
part (part before the + sign and the part after the + sign)

Basically the full statment produces a result of:
$609.5

If i split the statement the first part:
=IF(AND(Drop_t=TRUE,Cont_no=3),HLOOKUP(Zone,Table, VLOOKUP(Cont_type,Cont_Col,2,FALSE)))

Produces an answer of $258.75

The second part:
=IF(AND(Drop_t=TRUE,Cont_no=3),HLOOKUP(Zone,Table, 7,FALSE),HLOOKUP(Zone,Table,VLOOKUP(Cont_type,Cont _Col,2,FALSE)))

Produces an anwer of $350.75

So i'm assuming theres an issue with how the + sign works within this
whole thing - but i dont know how to fix it!

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Regards,
Kaushil

--
kaushil
kaushil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16057

Myrna Larson

The plus sign does exactly the same thing it does in any other formula. It
adds the values on the left and right sides of it. You say "fix it". I don't
see that there's an error. 258.75+350.75 = 609.50.

What is the formula supposed to do?