Sara

Default remote data query and sum not working

I have my excel sheet connecting to a sql database and pulling queries. I
then do some calculations on the numbers returned using sum (very simple
add/subtract crap)

The problem is it works great when I am on the network, but when I am using
a VPN all the sum features stop working completly but the data continues to
update correctly ....any ideas? Ive checked and all the sum formulas are
correct, if I run evaluate the values are correct but for the life of me I
cant get the damn cells to update....they just show 0. These are numbers and
if I retype them in different cells in the spreadsheet the sum still comes up
zero. If I open a new workbook not connected to datasource and use those
same numbers and same sum function works perfectly...please help :(

I really need this to work over vpn and why only sum function would stop is
beyond me.

VPN is CISCO