Glenn Mulno

Default Hyperlink to specific worksheet in Excel

I tried asking this a few weeks back but did not get an answer that worked.

I am trying to create a hyperlink on a web page that when clicked it will
open a specific worksheet of a specific Excel document. The Excel document
I have has 9 worksheets on it - ultimately I want to have 9 different
hyperlinks that will open the document to each sheet as desired by the
clicker.

In looking around I found some references that seemed to say this would work
with the following syntax types:

OR

I have office 2003. Perhaps this used to work in order versions of Excel?
At the moment, when this is clicked on it only opens to either sheet 1, or
whatever sheet it was last saved with on top, not the requested worksheet.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Glenn

MJS

Glen --
Ditto ... I'm having the same issue PLUS now on my work computer, I can't
get the hyper-links to even open a specific file ...it just opens a dialog
box ( directory listing ) of the directory for the file I hyperlinked to and
won't even open the file now.

If you find a fix ... please post it !

Thanks, Mark
"Glenn Mulno" wrote in message
[...]

Frank Sandrin

Here's the solution:

First you have to set up the Excel document first by creating an
"anchor":

1. Open the Excel document to the worksheet you want to link (ie.
exceldocument.xls) to the select cell A1
2. Go from the file menu go to INSERT Name Define
3. Type in a short name with only letters and numbers no spaces (ie.
myanchor) and then click OK
4. Save you Excel document

Now you can create your link:

5. The URL should be your excl document #(your defined name). For the
example above it would be exceldocument.xls#myanchor or if you need to
see the whole tag it would be <a href="exceldocument.xls#myanchor"

Voila!

I've test this and it works properly.

Starturtle