Amit

Default vlookup.

Hello.
I am using vlookup to lookup a value from coloumn A and display the
corresponding coloumn in the same row coloum C.
I want to have vlookup look for value in coloumn A and also in coloumn A of
another worksheet in the same workbook. Is this possible using vlookup? what
else can i use?

Thanks.
Peter

Amit,

Let's assume your range is A1:C10 on both worksheets (sheet 1 & 2), and you
are looking up the value in E1.

On sheet1:

=VLOOKUP(E1,$A$1:$C$10,3,FALSE)
will find the value in column C where the value in column A matches cell E1
precisely.

=VLOOKUP(E1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10,3,FALSE)
will look the value from cell E1 (on sheet1) up on sheet2 and return the
value from column C on sheet2 which matches exactly.

HTH

Pete

"Amit" wrote:

Hello.
I am using vlookup to lookup a value from coloumn A and display the
corresponding coloumn in the same row coloum C.
I want to have vlookup look for value in coloumn A and also in coloumn A of
another worksheet in the same workbook. Is this possible using vlookup? what
else can i use?

Thanks.

Peter

If the value you are looking for is on Sheet1 in cell E1, and your second
table is on sheet2, the following will work:

=VLOOKUP(E1,Sheet2!A:C,3,FALSE)

"Amit" wrote:

Hello.
I am using vlookup to lookup a value from coloumn A and display the
corresponding coloumn in the same row coloum C.
I want to have vlookup look for value in coloumn A and also in coloumn A of
another worksheet in the same workbook. Is this possible using vlookup? what
else can i use?

Thanks.

Vlookup finds a blank, but returns a zero - HELP! flummoxed Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 January 18th 05 03:15 PM
Vlookup Syntax Error YV New Users to Excel 9 December 23rd 04 05:28 PM
Need help with modifying VLookUp Tom Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 2nd 04 12:44 AM
vlookup Amit Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 1st 04 04:52 PM
vlookup and IF function cambridge Excel Worksheet Functions 5 October 28th 04 08:29 PM