John

Default Drop Down List not Appearing

I'm having a problem in a worksheet where a cell that has Data Validation
using a Drop down list is not appearing. The check box is ticked beside 'in
cell drop down'. I am using Excel97 and the Worksheet is protected. The cell
where the Drop down should be is not locked so I'm a bit lost

Any ideas?

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

Are objects visible?

To make them visible, choose ToolsOptions
On the View tab, for Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Gord Dibben

Excel 97 also had a problem showing DV drop-down arrows when WindowFreeze
Panes was enabled.

Anything above the "freeze line" would be hidden.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP